Thursday, May 7, 2009

Inspiration of writing KYRIUX- THE NOVEL

It’s very common for authentic writers to come up with ideas for their subject from the most unorthodox situations. I, too, am a part of that sorority of strangers. My inspiration of writing the book came from just one word, which appeared in an undisclosed magazine.

It was evening, around 5:30 pm. I was visiting my uncle’s house back in 2000 when the stock market was just about to crash. Usually, I had many conversations with him about Universe, Life, spirituality and technology. With both of us being Scorpios, we went into depth of things on every subject. During that era I picked up a (unknown) magazine from his table and started browsing. There, I saw the “message” written clearly for me. The mysterious word was speaking to me; within a matter of few seconds the entire story flashed in front of my eyes. Suddenly, my brain grew more cells and my unused muscles were awakened. I had an urge to write a novel with this unique word, at the same time the History Channel was on. There, the subject was presented on great mathematicians of the world.

I wasn’t paying attention to the tube at that particular time; rather I was immensely drowned in my thoughts of this word. I wanted to write something, anything from this word. I didn’t even pay attention, or was interested in talking to my uncle about any subject. There, while fully concentrating and putting my focus on the story; the name Pascal was mentioned on the television. It must have been the way Universe felt when the big bang occurred. I had everything in front of me. From start to finish about my novel; the first thought that came to my head was the title. No sooner than I said that to myself, I had the entire story in my head. It was that simple, out of nowhere everything exploded in my head. I didn’t say a word that day and ran to my car, and went back home.

It was no secret that I went straight to the computer and put the title: The Message of Pascal in bold letter at size 24 in MS- word. I wrote the first 24 pages right-there-&-then; but, halted myself, and the pace slowed down of my writing, to a point where I didn’t touch the novel for couple of years, actually more than 5 years. It was one of those short passion shocks, which you must fulfill and let it be.

In 2006 I went to watch a very touching and motivating documentary title “Tupac Resurrection,” it was a biography of hip-hop artist Tupac Shakur. While in the middle of watching it, I realized I couldn’t waste time, if I have a talent and a skill I should not sit and waste them; because this was the message given by Mr. Shakur in the doc. He never wasted time, even when in jail he wrote poems, lyrics to his music, including movie scripts.
I’ve been a big fan of his music, lyrics and poetry since high school. He wasn’t just a rapper but a philosopher for million others and me. Once I came out of the theater I again ran to my car, hopped in and rushed home. Once in my room I began the process of finishing up my novel; from that moment on I kept writing and ended up finishing it in three months.

Thank you Mr. Tupac Shakur… is what I said after I typed the last word of the first draft.




No comments:

Post a Comment